There’s no denying that Sony’s PlayStation 2 is among the most famous consoles ever. People who were not a fan of video games earlier have also started to enjoy them because of the fantastic PlayStation 2 gaming console. Hence, although the PS2 has been out of production for more than two decades, many users still desire to play PlayStation 2 games.
People used to play games on basic gaming consoles with black and white screens in the past.
However, as the popularity of gaming grew, many corporations began to invest in this industry. These firms released consoles with exciting features and a wide range of games.
Companies such as Nintendo and Sony introduced handheld video gaming systems with colorful screens. And since then the progress of gaming consoles never really stopped increasing.
There are a plethora of gaming consoles with amazing configurations available on the market that can be used to play high-visual games.
Sony recently released the PlayStation 5 console. Sony followed up the PlayStation 2 with the PlayStation 3, 4, and 5.
Each system has improved features and configurations over it’s predecessor. However, the craze for PlayStation 2 is still growing as it has been one of the best PlayStations ever, and many people enjoy playing PlayStation 2 games in recent times too.
This is why people use emulators to play PS2 games on their computers.
But did you know that you don’t have to use an emulator in order to play PlayStation 2 games on PC?
Yes, that’s entirely possible now!
Using PS2 emulators is outdated now. You can now enjoy playing your favorite PlayStation 2 games online without having to download or install anything.
To play PS2 games online, all you need is a reliable internet connection. If you have a reliable internet connection but don’t know how to play PS2 games online, then follow the instructions below.
How to Play Online PlayStation 2 Games?
There are numerous places on the internet that enable people from all over the world to play PS2 games online. And ps2online.com is one of the most popular and reliable websites.
The moment you visit Ps2online.com, you will be astounded by the number of PS2 games available.
However, before using it, you must follow a few basic procedures no matter which of the PS2 games you wish to play online:
- To begin, open your web browser and navigate to ps2online.com.
- Once you visit the site, navigate to the Settings page, then visit the Network and HDD section.
- Check the box under Network and HDD if it isn’t already ticked.
- Make sure Sockets is selected as the ethernet device type, and then choose your internet connection adapter as the ethernet device. Choose that if you’re connected to Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- After that, shut the window and select the game you wish to play.
- We’ll use Star Wars Battlefront 2 as an example.
- Load the game and select the multiplayer option, followed by the Internet option.
- Next, we must configure the network to connect to the ps2online.com server.
- To do so, hit the square button on your controller to launch Sony’s network application.
- Under Network Settings, select Add Settings and then select the memory card slot where you wish to save it.
- Select Yes and then press Right to make your ethernet adapter ‘not required’ for PPPoE use.
- Following IP Address Leave this on auto, and then go to DNS and select manual.
- When you hit right, you’ll be prompted to input a DNS server, which is where we’ll enter the ps2online.com DNS server address.
- When you first visit ps2online.com, you can find the DNS server address at the top of your screen.
- You can enter 126.96.36.199 as the DNS server address here.
- After that, push right again to perform a connection test.
- When the network test is finished, rename the Settings and press right one more time.
- To save the settings, press the Cross button.
- After saving your choices, return to the network choices window, tap Circle to exit, and then pick Quiet.
- You’ll be taken back to our Battlefront 2 example.
- Select Multiplayer from the main menu once more.
- Then it will ask you to select a network type, and you should select Internet.
- The network configuration name that you renamed throughout the configuration procedure is now visible. Choose it.
- It will take a few seconds for the connection to be established, after which you will be connected to the Battlefront 2 game server.
- If it asks you to create an ID or something, just say no.
- Following that, you can see some internet possibilities. You can either create or join a lobby.
- Assuming you opt to join the lobby after picking the lobby, the following step is to select the game.
- You can join some glitches servers from this page.
- Then you must join a server that already has some gamers on it.
- You will be able to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS2 version online after joining the server.
That’s all there is to it when it comes to playing PlayStation 2 games online.